Jump to navigation
Delhi continued to reel under the ongoing heat wave as it recorded a maximum temperature of 43.6 degrees Celsius on Thursday, which is the highest maximum temperature recorded in July in the city in the last 90 years.
At Delhi’s Safdarjung Observatory, the maximum temperature recorded was 43.6 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 32 degrees Celsius.
This is the highest maximum temperature recorded in July in the city in the last 90 years. On July 1, 1931, the maximum temperature was 45 degrees Celsius. The previous high in July was recorded on July 2, 2012, when the temperature soared to 43.5 degrees Celsius.
The India Meteorological Department has said the heat wave conditions are likely to continue over the North Indian states of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, North Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh for the next two days.
“Due to likely dry westerly/southwesterly winds from Pakistan to northwest India at lower levels, heat wave conditions in isolated/some pockets over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi, North Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and northwest Madhya Pradesh (are likely) during next two days,” the IMD said.
The maximum temperature across the plains has crossed 40 degrees Celsius in the last few days, the IMD noted.
However, Delhi is likely to have some respite from the heat wave on Friday and Saturday when it is expected to receive light rain which may bring down its soaring temperatures by some degrees, IMD said.
Also Read: No monsoon in sight, IMD predicts heat wave in northern states for next 2 days
Also Read: Severe heat wave in Delhi takes max temperature 7 degrees C above normal; monsoon delayed
Sonia takes the wheel as Congress plumbs new lows but road ahead is tough
Why Imran Khan is facing a no-confidence vote | Deep Dive
Putin wants de-Nazification but how much is Ukraine Nazified?
Birbhum arson: Why Bengal remains prone to political violence
Watch: Yogi Adityanath takes oath as UP chief minister for second term
Fuel prices hiked by 80 paise for 3rd time this week
Calcutta HC orders CBI probe into Birbhum horror
EAM holds talks with Chinese counterpart Wang Yi
SC transfers former Mumbai top cop Param Bir Singh’s case to CBI
Konkona Sen Sharma for Harper’s Bazaar India Cover: “Don’t View Myself As A Woman”
Yogi Adityanath to take oath as UP CM for second term tomorrow
Russia-Ukraine Crisis: Why Are Russians Buying More Condoms?
Copyright © 2022 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today
Add IndiaToday to Home Screen
Delhi's temperature soars to 43.6 degrees Celsius, highest in July after 90 years – India Today
Jump to navigation
- Delhi News Highlights: AAP MLAs to meet President Murmu over 'Operation Lotus' in Delhi – Deccan HeraldDelhi News Highlights: AAP MLAs to meet President Murmu over 'Operation Lotus' in Delhi – Deccan Herald
- PFI Crackdown Round 2: Sympathisers as Target, Agencies Foil 'East Delhi Type Riots' Plan | Exclusive – News18PFI Crackdown Round 2: Sympathisers as Target, Agencies Foil 'East Delhi Type Riots' Plan | Exclusive – News18
- Delhi logs 649 Covid-19 cases, one death in a day; positivity rate 4.06% – Business Standard
- Delhi News Highlights: Delhi LG to take legal action against 4 AAP leaders including Atishi for ‘false’ graft charge, say officials – The Indian ExpressDelhi News Highlights: Delhi LG to take legal action against 4 AAP leaders including Atishi for ‘false’ graft charge, say officials – The Indian Express
- Pleasant Morning In Delhi, Minimum Temperature 23.8 Degree Celsius – Outlook India